Cybersecurity suggestions and directives are continuing to escalate as attacks do as well. Efforts led by President Biden, the CISA, and NSA offer expertise for those in the private and public sectors. This month, data-wiping attacks occurred in Ukraine, leading the US government to continue proceeding with caution. Simultaneously, executive orders that were first signed last May, are expanding for the Defense Department, spy agencies, and contractors.
The attacks in Ukraine included defaced websites and data-wiping malware deployed to corrupt data, causing Windows devices to become inoperable. The CISA’s advice helps combat both data-wiping attacks, as well as ransomware and other network intrusions.
- Utilize 2FA or MFA, the latter, especially for remote access processes.
- Keep your software up-to-date.
- Ensure data is encrypted.
- Disable all ports and protocols not essential to business. (Ask your IT professional about this!)
- Have strong controls on your cloud services, if those are utilized.
- Sign up for CISA’s free cyber hygiene services!
- Have dedicated personnel focusing on identifying unexpected or abnormal network behavior.
- Utilize technology and software that’ll detect security problems.
- Install antivirus/antimalware and keep them up-to-date.
- Test your backup procedures regularly and ensure at least one backup location is isolated from network connections.
- Test software patches prior to installation to ensure they’re secure.
Thankfully, we cover everything (other than the CISA services, hah!) on this list. If your current IT provider or personnel can’t show you these practices are established, let’s talk. We understand the suggestions list seems to only continue to grow, but thankfully many of these are incredibly easy to implement and will protect your company well. You have your business to run though, so let us take care of it. We make IT great, you make your business great.
About Partners Plus
Managed IT Services That Do the Work for You
Partners Plus began in 1991 as an outsourced IT department after working as the Director of Programming and a Consultant for six years. For 30+ years now, we have been 100% committed to ensuring small- and medium-sized business owners have the most reliable and professional virtual CIO in the Delaware Valley. Our dedicated team of professionals will solve your IT nightmares quickly and without confusion on your part.
Our customer-specific memberships deliver your needs without overstepping your budget boundaries. From cloud services and data backups to ransomware prevention and Dark Web monitoring, Partners Plus is here to work with you and your expert company, dependable outsourced IT support and security.
Partners Plus has locations and services the following areas:
Managed IT Services in Philadelphia – Managed IT Services in Delaware – Managed IT Services in Malvern