Double-click the image to view larger. To view their entire Service Agreement, click here.
It’s an unfortunate surprise when we tell any of our clients or prospects that Microsoft is NOT backing up their Office365 data. As stated in the screen-grab of section b., Microsoft’s focus is on services and infrastructure, not data retention. They aren’t responsible for any data loss or corruption, regardless of cause, even including if they end your services or close your account. It’s shocking, really!
Now that it has sunk in, it’s time to create a game plan. Here’s what you need to do:
Get a regular backup plan using a third-party app or service. If not, a ransom data attack or data corruption could occur and you’d be out of luck. With a managed IT service provider, you’ve got in with some great solutions. Within our IT services Security Package, we offer a few different options to fit your budget and team size, which include these features:
- SaaS backup of Office365.
- Multiple copies of backups (Cloud and off-site).
- Hourly, daily or on-demand backups.
- Encryption and 2/MFA.
- Includes Team, Exchange Online, Sharepoint & OneDrive.
- Variety of licensing, payment, and contract options.
- No hardware is necessary.
These services are offered as part of our Security Package or EasyCloud membership. Further email protection within the Package includes:
- Get 24/7 notifications of any suspicious activity on Office365.
- This decreases hackers’ ability to utilize your email data or logins for harm.
- Utilize anti-spam and AI-based email monitoring to combat phishing, spear-phishing, and imposter take-over.
- Train and test employees and give them the ability to independently report phishing emails.
- Detect email threats from prohibited domains.
- Separate corporate email and other data from personal data on employee cell phones.
With our IT outsourcing services, you have access to the necessary tools to truly protect your company. It may still be shocking to you to find out your email isn’t backed up, but once partnered with us, we take care of everything for you. And don’t worry–there are multiple membership levels, as well as two levels of the Security Package! To learn more, fill out our contact form!